Monday, October 18, 2010

Turn Ur Swag On

I've always thought that people 'back then' had more style than people nowadays. Seriously, if you look at the photos of my parents back in the 70s, you'd see what I mean (bellbottoms, tight printed shirts and side-parted hair notwithstanding). But in this post I'm gonna put in some of my favourite pictures of some of Hollywood's most stylish (according to me). Coz, well.....they're cooler. hahaha. I'm just gonna let the pics speak for themselves. Albeit with a lil' comment here and there. hihihi.



Of all the Old Hollywood actresses, I adore Bette Davis the most. Probably the reason why the song 'Bette Davis' Eyes' is always on my playlist.



Greta Garbo. She's just effortlessly stylish. And she pretty much kept to herself. You gotta admire a Hollywood actress who's not an attention seeker.



The Rat Pack - Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Peter Lawford & Sammy Davis, Jr. Well, there are more of them actually but I kinda like this picture of just the four. So, yeah. They're the epitome of cool.



 How can you NOT like James Dean? I tell you how: you're crazy. Like asylum crazy. He's THE ultimate.Yeah, that it. Just the ultimate.


 
I know most people prefer Audrey Hepburn, but for some reason I've always preferred Katharine Hepburn. She's kinda rough looking but I think she's absolutely divine, dah-ling.



Well, hellooo there Mr. Paul Newman. I always feel kinda guilty and kinda icky for liking old/dead people who used to look like THIS. But hey, I'm only human. And I kinda like the fact that he was married to his wife for 50 years! Well, 2nd wife. But still.



 Natalie Wood & Steve McQueen.What more can I say? I love them as an on-screen couple. And I love them separately too, of course. Just trying to save up some space here. hoho. Fun fact: that guy who plays Jeremy on The Vampire Diaries is his grandson.



Lo and behold, the original Factory Girl, Edie Sedgwick. Personally, I prefer her to Twiggy. Coz she's got that I-don't-give-a-shit attitude. And also coz I love her hair and eyes.




And last but not least, Sid and Nancy. Yeah, I know. They look like a couple of drug addicts. Maybe that's coz they were. But they look good together in pictures. I'm not really into punk music, but the style I kinda like.


I've always loved this one. He's like, "Beetch get a move on, will ya?" and she's like, "Alright, don't get your knickers in a twist!" Okay, so SHE's not British. But it's my imaginary dialogue. So bugger off!

Honorable mentions: Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor, Marlon Brando, Warren Beatty.

3 comments:

coy mistress said...

omg.....i completely adoreeeeeeeeee natalie wood. she is the perfect lah. the epitome lah. of something that i adore. and you know how i love them mods, very edie. rat packs AND james dean.... swoooonnnnnnnn okay...


and secretly, i have a soft spot for that young Redford. sigh. i lurrrvvveee barefoot in the park. so romance. sigh again.

and not forgetting, my favourite "funny girl". :)

kan aku ckp lelaki2 zaman2 sedemikian adalah sgt charismatic and distinguished...


dah ko kenapa buat dialog sid and nancy lak.

Mundane Munster said...

dunno why, but redford is just ok with me. and i can't stand barbara streisand. i saw 'the way we were', and ever since then i have the urge to throw a can of tuna at her face.

sid and nancy kan cam heyyy we too cool for school. amik ko aku rosakkan imej.

Nicholas C said...

Hey! Thanks for dropping by my blog!